Ivo Emanuilov is a lawyer, researcher and former software developer with extensive knowledge of the technology sector. He graduated from Sofia University with a degree in law. He also obtained a degree in English and European Union Law from the University of Cambridge and an LLM Intellectual Property and ICT Law from KU Leuven. Ivo is an experienced researcher and consultant focusing on the interdisciplinary aspects at the intersection of technology and law. His experience spans the domains of privacy and data protection, information security, privacy and security risk management, privacy engineering and automated and autonomous technologies in transport.
Ivo has both national and international experience working for law firms, non-governmental organisations and international research institutes. He has acted as a legal consultant to international consortia of technology companies providing advice on biometric data protection, privacy and security risk management, ethical and legal impact assessment, elicitation of non-functional legal requirements, and regulation of unmanned aircraft systems.
Ivo works as a researcher and consultant at the Centre for IT & IP Law (CiTiP) at KU Leuven studying the impact of autonomous technologies in aviation, road and multimodal transport, cyber-physical systems and machine learning.
As an of-counsel at LIBRe Foundation, Ivo provides expert advice on privacy and data protection, cybersecurity, consumer protection, product liability and aviation law.
- Responsible AI: Ethical, Legal, Social and Economic (ELSE) Aspects
- Working Group on Drafting the National Legislation on the Use of Unmanned Aerial Vehicles in the Bulgarian Airspace
- Development of a Data Protection Program and Related Services for a Medical Center
- Code of Conduct under Art. 40 GDPR on the Protection of Personal Data in the Software Development Process
- Development of a Data Protection Program and Related Services 
- Leuven AI Law & Ethics Conference 2020, Leuven
- 2020 Winter Academy ‘Doing Business Right: Due Diligence as Master Key to Responsible Business Conduct’, The Hague
- 2020 Winter Courses on International Law and Legal Studies, The Hague
- 'Vulnerabilities and Global Security of the CNS/ATM System' Thematic Challenge Workshop, Brussels
- AI Law & Ethics Conference, Leuven